I typically deliver my sermons without a formal text, but here are some that I have written over the years that I hope you will enjoy. Scroll down for audio and video sermons.
- The Disarming Shepherd. A sermon about Psalm 23, Jesus as the Good Shepherd, communication, and power. Click here.
- Radical Hospitality (based on Rubley’s “The Trinity”). See the icon/bulletin cover and the sermon.
- What in God’s Name Is Going On? A sermon following Hurricane Katrina. Click here.
- Roll Away the Stone. An Easter sermon.
- The Dark Side of God. An exploration into innocent suffering. Click here.
- Who Is the Mother? A Mother’s Day sermon. Click here.
- Now Sarai Was Barren. A sermon about outrageous possibility. Click here.
- Signs and Signposts. A sermon about — among other things — tattoos. Click here.
“Lying to Ourselves and Each Other” — A sermon about racism
“Bridge over Troubled Waters” — A sermon from our summer series based on a message from Paul, a contemporary “epistle,” and lyrics from popular songs
“I Would Be True”– A sermon on coping with the economic challenges facing us
Video Sermon and Holy Communion Service:
Moving On and Moving Over — A farewell sermon.
Holy Communion Service